If you would like any further information on this property, feel free to contact us via the following:
Sir Harrys Road, Edgbaston, B15 2UX £1,495,000
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
A unique six bedroom detached family detached residence within one of Edgbaston's premier avenues. This elegant property offers spacious accommodation within glorious grounds, with accommodation boasting three reception rooms, kitchen, four bathrooms, garages and sweeping in and out driveway.Download particulars Request Viewing Virtual Tour
Request a viewing
For this property Sir Harrys Road, Edgbaston.
Sir Harrys Road leads from Wellington Road and connects to Bristol Road (A38) offering ease of access to Birmingham city centre, in a central Edgbaston location, within the prestigious Calthorpe Estate.
The property is very close to Queen Elizabeth hospital, within easy reach of local amenities of nearby Wheeleys Rd shops and an eclectic range of boutiques of Harborne high street-which also come with a plethora of independent eateries.
Excellent primary secondary and prep schools are very close to and with Edgbaston High School for Girls, The Priory School and The King Edward Foundation Schools, along with Hallfield Preparatory School, West House, Blue Coat School and St George's School.
Leisure facilities are provided with The Edgbaston Priory club on the doorstep of the property-host to prestigious tennis events, and Golf club nearby with Edgbaston cricket ground within walking distance-the home of prestigious international and national cricket matches. The newly opened Grand Central, exclusive Mailbox and Bull Ring offer shopping boutiques in the city nearby.
APPROACH Shell shaped in and out pebbled driveway with centre lawn, symmetric block paved areas on each side to accommodate several cars, with side hazel hurdle fence, hedges, very mature cherry and coniferous trees, red robins hedge, bushes and plants. This configuration ensures easy entry and exit of the driveway. Large side gate giving access to back garden, equipped with solar lighting. Two side by side garages. Security lighting on front and rear. Solar lighting at both entrances of the driveway and at bottom of garden. Entrance wall with railing.
An attractively tiled porch leads to the entrance door, with a stained glass feature (original)
ACCOMMODATION On the ground floor : solid oak parquet floor in all reception rooms.
- Large welcoming reception hall way,
- Cloak room (also housing the megaflow hot water tank),
- Spacious living/drawing room, bay window to front garden
- Sitting room with open fire place, bay window and glass picture door to the rear garden
- Ironing room with rear garden view
- Dining room with French door to the rear patio and garden, tiled floor,
- Kitchen, tiled, with glass door to the rear garden,
- Tiled corridor leading to :
Utility room, with 2 recent condensation boilers (central heating + hot water), tiled .
Complete shower room, toilet and sink fully tiled (floor and walls)
2 adjoining garages.
Staircase, solid oak, leading to first floor, with an impressive tilt and turn window giving a stunning view of the rear garden on first landing.
On the first floor : solid oak parquet floor except in wet rooms, which are fully tiled walls and floors.
- Master bedroom with large window to rear garden and side window, coving and ceiling rose, 4 wall and 1 ceiling lights points,
- Bedroom 2, very large, with bay window to front garden, coving,
- Bedroom 3, window to the rear,
- Bedroom 4, window to the front,
- Large corridor with library shelving, leading to :
Main bathroom fully tiled, with window, large bath, shower cubicle, basin, toilet, fitted furniture, granite top,
Shower room with window, cubicle, basin, toilet.
- Bedroom 5 / study , with large dormer window, side window, originally a large double bedroom,
- Staircase, with window plus opening velux sky light, leading to :
- Bedroom 6 : very large room, (guest room, play room, bedroom, office, art room….), engineered wood flooring, 4 sky light velux, with impressive view of the whole rear garden, 13 spotlights, plantation doors opening to an extra room for storage or small children play area, with opening round window, and 4 doors giving access to the under roof space. 4 radiators,
- Shower room, fully tiled, complete, with opening velux.
All windows and doors to the outside are of high quality double glazing. Central heating with radiators in every room and corridors.
GARAGE ONE Up and over garage door, brock paved, opens to second garage. ceiling strip light.
GARAGE TWO Recently installed fuse board, up and over door, ceiling strip light, power points.
LARGE GARDEN Paved patio area, with stunning rear garden, predominantly laid to lawn with hedgerow to borders and established shrubs and trees, storage (potential sun house) at rear with fencing-including Canadian cedar wood fence panelling-to boundaries.