Tenant Terms of Application
Applicants can apply for a property by following the following process:
- Completing an application form and provide a copy of each applicants passport and 3 months worth of bank statements.
- James Laurence will request a 1 week Holding deposit to secure/reserve the property off the market for 15 days. This payment can be made to the following account When funds are received – James Laurence will register your contact details with our tenant referencing provider FCC Paragon who will complete the references on our behalf. They will contact you with further links to complete and proceed to contact all referees given (as per the attached). Please ensure all information given is true otherwise your holding deposit may be none refundable.
- FCC Paragon will endeavour to obtain living, work and credit checks within a 48 hour period, please ensure that all referees are notified prior to FCC contacting them, and next of kin for us to contact.
- James Laurence properties are all no-smoking and no pets.
- Your application is subject to referencing and subject to contract. Your application being accepted by the Landlord does not guarantee you the property.
- Separately, you are required, in the tenancy agreement, to obtain and maintain a policy of insurance to cover accidental damage to the Landlord’s contents, fixtures and fittings.
In line with Tenant fee act 2019, under latest legislation, permitted tenant payments include:
- Utility bills (Tenants will be responsible for all utility bills and council tax of the property unless stated otherwise)
- Holding deposit equivalent of 1 weeks rent
- If the tenant(s) require any changes to be made to an existing contract, there will be a fee of £50 inc vat.
- Company let fees of £495 still apply
If tenants do not enter into the agreement within 15 calendar days after the holding deposit is paid, the application can and will be revoked and the holding deposit will be forfeited and none refundable:
- Tenant withdraws from the application
- Tenant fails right to rent checks
- Tenant provides false or misleading information
- Tenants do not enter the agreement by the deadline or 15 calendar days due to lack of cooperation from the tenant or delaying the application. (similarly, if the landlord holds up the application process, then the tenants are within right to receive their deposit back)
- All over 18s must be fully referenced. Any persons under 18 must be declared and will be written on the contract as permitted occupiers.
- James Laurence are members of The Property Ombudsman and in partnership with the Money Shield Client Money protection Scheme (CMP).
*All applicants should read these guidance notes and be fully aware of what is involved before making an application for tenancy. Disclaimer: James Laurence are not responsible for any misinterpretation, verbal or otherwise, which potential applicants may have on viewings. It is advised that anything which an applicant is unclear about be put in writing to James Laurence. Any particular requests relating to the application, Tenancy and property also be put in writing to James Laurence.