Tenant Terms of Application
All over 18s must be fully referenced. Any persons under 18 will be written on the contract as permitted occupiers.
All under 18s must be declared to James Laurence in writing.
- This is the “Terms of Application”, James Laurence will put your details over to the Landlord to ask if they are happy to proceed.
- We will assume that all have inspected the property inside and out, and are satisfied as to the general condition and level of furnishings.*
- Once the Landlord has confirmed, James Laurence will then ask you to provide your ID (passport) and Proof of Address (utility bill dated within the last 3 months) to our office.
- James Laurence will request payment for the application and references fee listed below and the following account Payable to James Laurence Lettings Limited, ACC: 93670163 SC: 40-11-18 REF: PROPERTY ADDRESS
- When funds are received – James Laurence will send your contact details over to FCC Paragon who complete the references. They will ask for all of your references details and contact them directly. They will also carry out a credit check. We do not accept cash payments.
- James Laurence properties are all non-smokers and no pets.
- Your application is subject to referencing and subject to contract. Your application being accepted by the Landlord does not guarantee you the property.
- All renewal fees will be at a charge of £90 inc VAT
- Separately, you are required, in the tenancy agreement, to obtain and maintain a policy of insurance to cover accidental damage to the Landlord’s contents, fixtures and fittings.
- Application and References fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
*All applicants should read these guidance notes and be fully aware of what is involved before making an application for tenancy. Disclaimer: James Laurence are not responsible for any misinterpretation, verbal or otherwise, which potential applicants may have on viewings. It is advised that anything which an applicant is unclear about be put in writing to James Laurence. Any particular requests relating to the application, Tenancy and property also be put in writing to James Laurence.